Near Final PEP 237 - Unifying Long Integers and Integers

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:40:39 -0400

Please comment on a new version of PEP 237:

  http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0237.html

I've updated a few parts of the PEP for more accuracy and to reflect
more implementation details.

I've had very few negative responses to this PEP, and quite a few
positive, so I'm assuming this is not controversial and we can follow
the transition plan described in the PEP.  Only phase A of the
transition plan will be implemented in Python 2.2.

I've implemented phase A completely, and tentatively checked it into
CVS; unless a major showstopper is brought up I will release it with
Python 2.2a3 (it didn't make it into 2.2a2).

Please use the SF bug tracker to report bugs in the implementation.

Please mail comments on the PEP to python-dev@python.org or to me.