Experimental py2tex 0.90 release

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:58:48 -0400

I've packaged up Jeroen van Maanen's py2tex, which typesets Python
source code into LaTeX.

http://www.amk.ca/python/code/py2tex.html

The packaging is currently experimental; the largest uncertainty is
whether the setup.py script will find your TeX installation.  If you
try it out, please let me know if the LaTeX .sty file wound up in the
right place.  (Or, more importantly, if it didn't!)

Another question for users: the default setting uses mathematical
symbols in a few cases.  For example, the 'in' operator in 'A in B' is
converted to the mathematical symbol for 'is a member of', and in 'if'
statements, 'and' and 'or' are converted to the logical symbols.  I'm
greatly tempted to turn this off by default, but would like to hear
opinions on the issue.

--amk