Discoverb 0.1: learn foreign words and definitions

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl@pobox.com
Mon, 28 Jun 99 23:45:13 GMT

Hello all,

I proudly announce: discoverb!

What is discoverb?

Discoverb is a python program. It is a way to test the words you've learned.
You can tell discoverb what a word means (by putting it in a file) and
discoverb will ask you the meaning of the word. It writes all words you do
not know, when you give the wrong anwser, to a file. A word can have more
than one meaning, sometimes the program will ask you all meanings of a word,
and sometimes only one. That depends on what you write into the file.

Discoverb is still in a very early stage of development, it's absolutly
unstable at the moment. I still have to write a GUI. But I'm working quite
hard at it. I still have to write a manual. When I have more of such things,
I'll announce it at "larger" places, like freshmeat, download.com (it's
cross-platform), and many, many portals.

I will often release a new version, but I won't announce the small ones
everywhere. There is a discoverb mailinglist at discoverb@nl.linux.org, you
can subscribe by sending an email to majordomo@nl.linux.org, with in the
body: subscribe discoverb. Every improvement will be announced there.

If you're interested, visit the discoverb homepage at:
http://www.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/discoverb/

have fun,

Gerrit Holl

<P><A HREF="http://www.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/discoverb/">Discoverb 0.1</A> -
vocabulary drill - learn foreign words and definitions.  (28-Jun-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address:  python-announce@python.org