Remote Microscope 1.0a3 released

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 05 Jul 99 07:53:21 GMT

The latest release of the remote microscope software, version
1.0alpha3, is now available in source code form.  The code has been
running on CNRI's demo microscope for a few weeks, and I've been
pleased with the results; the server seems to be much more reliable
than 1.0a2, and people have liked the new Z-axis control.

The only significant new feature in this release is that you can now
control the Z-axis from the client, in order to manually focus an
image when the autofocus produces a blurry result.  There's also a
host of minor fixes and improvements; most notably, various bugs were
found that made the server hang indefinitely.  These bugs have been
fixed, and consequently the 1.0alpha3 server is a lot more stable than
1.0a2.

Remote microscope home page:
       http://www.mems-exchange.org/exchange/software/microscope/
List of changes:
       http://www.mems-exchange.org/exchange/software/files/microscope/CHANGES

==
Men of action, I notice, are rarely humble, even in situations where action of
any kind is a great mistake, and masterly inaction is called for.
    -- Robertson Davies, _The Table Talk of Samuel Marchbanks_

<P><A HREF="http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/microscope/">Remote
Microscope 1.0a3</A> - CNRI Remote Optical Microscope Software.  (29-Jun-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address:  python-announce@python.org