[Python-africa] DjangoGirls Nigeria (Lagos) 2016

Ibrahim DIOP diopib at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:54:16 EST 2016

Hello Chukwudi,

Congratulations on DjangoGirls Lagos and on your meetup. It's always good
to see that things are moving.
The DjangoGirls workshop is a great event, and also very rewarding.

Don't hesitate to talk about that open source project on the list.

I have met Aisha at PyCon Namibia, she was also co-organizing a DjangoGirl
workshop where I was a mentor.
She's engaged, positive and has very good ideas. We even had an interesting
story about Open source and Jollof rice
<https://github.com/diopib/jollof_rice> , feel free to contribute :)
It's always good to insist on events like PyConNA <http://na.pycon.org/>
and PyConZA <https://za.pycon.org/> , those are very good opportunities for
African pythonistas to exchange
and discover each other but also to meet peoples from anywhere else in the
world. That's how the idea of that mailing list was born.
Hopefully one day we will have PyCons NG, BJ and SN etc.. and why not a
continental one?
I will do my best to attend PyConZA during next October and I hope I will
meet some of you there!

Good to have you on the list.
-Ibrahim