[Python-3000] Releasing alphas tonight

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu May 8 02:51:43 CEST 2008

Barry Warsaw schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a reminder that I'm going to be cutting the releases tonight.
> Because of work, I didn't make the 6pm EDT goal, and now I have to run
> out for a few hours.  I will send another message when I'm ready to
> start spinning the release, but figure it will be at about 10pm EDT.
> Please limit your commits between now and then to only things you
> absolutely know will improve stability and test passing.

The py3k branch has a major show stopper, It's leaking references to the
max.

test_builtin leaked [14, 14, 14, 14] references, sum=56
test_exceptions
beginning 9 repetitions
123456789
test_exceptions leaked [40, 40, 40, 40] references, sum=160
test_types
beginning 9 repetitions
123456789
test_types leaked [2, 2, 2, 2] references, sum=8
test_unittest
beginning 9 repetitions
123456789
test_unittest leaked [23, 23, 23, 23] references, sum=92

I'm trying to find the issue.

Christian