[Python-3000] PEP 370 (was Re: [Python-Dev] Reminder: last alphas next Wednesday 07-May-2008)

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue May 6 19:03:59 CEST 2008

All,

I've accepted PEP 370, Christian Heimes's proposal to add a per-user
site-package directory. The location will be somewhere under ~/.local
for Unix/Linux/OS X, and %APPDATA%/Python for Windows (per the
original proposal in the PEP).

Congratulations Christian, and thanks for championing this.

Thanks also to everyone who contributed to the discussion and showed
the error of my ways -- especially those who did so in under 100
words. :-)