[Python-3000] A question about Py3K migration

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 15:12:18 CET 2008

On 18/03/2008, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > This is something that I've been pondering over for a while now, but I
> > haven't been able to come to any strong conclusions. I'd appreciate
> > some comment, and possibly a bit of clarification in the documentation
> > for migrating to 3.0.
>
> As Nick says: Don't worry at all about migrating to 3.0. It's very
> reasonable to not even start thinking about Python 3 before 3.2 is
> released, which may happen in 2010.

OK, that's a fair comment. It might be worth stating this
recommendation somewhere. There's a risk of discouraging people from
moving past 2.6 by doing this, but on the other hand it stops people
leaping in too soon and finding that "it's broken". (It's not, of
course, but that's how it may get publicised).

Paul