[Python-3000] The case for unbound methods?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 9 11:37:14 CET 2008

Nick Coghlan wrote:
> functools.partial style functionality doesn't always play well
> with methods,

I can see it not working well with *unbound* methods. Bound
methods shouldn't be any problem, since from the outside
they're called just like any other function.

But applying partial to an unbound method seems like a
screwy thing to do in the first place. I'm going to need
to see a concrete use case for *that* which can't be
fixed by explicitly using a special version of partial
that inserts after the first argument.

--
Greg