[Python-3000] Question to _users_ -- about over all perceptions/feelings

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jun 21 21:44:21 CEST 2008

1. Non-issue to me, real issues to some.

2. Wrong group, expecially if you want dissenting opinions ;-).

3. print: 3.0 normal 'file = xxx' is visually prettier than 2.x
idiosyncratic line-noisy '>> xxx'.  I also prefer new 'except TypeError
as t' to old 'except TypeError,t' since latter falsely implied some sort
of equality of status.  To me, 3.0 is a conceptually cleaner and hence
nicer language.

tjr