[Python-3000] Minor addition to Python interactive shell...

Abdallah El Guindy abdallah.elguindy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 23:03:37 CEST 2008

Hey all

I know that the feature I am about to suggest may be minor and may have a
very low priority considering other issues to be discussed, however I'll
suggest it anyways..

Being a very frequent user of the interactive shell, I find it annoying when
I try to use a function or a class that resides in another module that I
haven't imported... So why not let the interactive shell say a message about
the appropriate module to be imported for this class/function.. The idea is
similar to bash on Ubuntu, if you don't have the necessary package it lets
you know by suggesting the package name to be installed.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you.