[Python-3000] problems with the 3to2 converter

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 16:38:07 CEST 2008

I've written about 100,000 lines of Py3K code since it
was released, mostly on evenings and weekends, so I
was very excited to see Van release the new 3to2 tool
today.

I immediately ran it against my codebase, and it
mostly works, but I got some strange diagnostics:

   line 673234: lambda cannot be renamed in ANY
temporal dimension

   line 782121: grammar reduced to LL(0), turn on -0
flag for further simplification

   line 913975: parens not removed from print(),
please use 3to4 converter instead

Thoughts?