[Python-3000] plat-mac seriously broken?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Oct 30 20:52:42 CET 2007

> Also, IMO the Mac-specific stuff was a lot more important before OSX.
>
> The really interesting Mac stuff is the ObjC bridge which is not
> maintained here anyway.

I'm not so sure about that.  The IC module, for instance, plugs into
the Internet Config on the Mac, so you can read things like proxy
settings when making an HTTP or FTP connection.  To make Python as
useful on the Mac as it currently is, you'd have to refit a lot of
that in PyObjC, and bundle PyObjC into Python, wouldn't you?

And I haven't seen a lot of volunteers on the MacPython mailing list
raring to contribute to this.

Bill