[Python-3000] need help fixing broken tests in py3k-pep3137 branch

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Nov 4 09:16:52 CET 2007

On 11/3/07, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On 11/2/07, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> > In the py3k-pep3137 branch I've been working on the implementation of PEP 3137.
> > The work is largely done, but I'm stuck with about 20 failing tests,
> > and very little time this weekend to work on these. Here's the list:
>
> ... now updated:

Some more preliminary digging:

> test_email

Looks like multiple places where str and buffers are being compared,
but  I am not sure exactly which is correct.

> test_mailbox
> test_old_mailbox

Seems rfc822 is getting called with both str and bytes arguments but
is using str constants for operations.  Going to guess bytes is the
more proper answer.  But then again this module is supposed to get
replaced by the email package so the issue could be solved if someone
reworked the mailbox module to use the email package instead.

> test_pickle

The string constants of what is being loaded from is returning bytes
instead of str since the 'S' type in pickles is now bytes.  Probably
need to regenerate the comparison data along with possibly adding some
bytes to create_data().

-Brett