[Python-3000] need help fixing broken tests in py3k-pep3137 branch

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Nov 4 00:27:19 CET 2007

> In the py3k-pep3137 branch I've been working on the implementation of PEP 3137.
> The work is largely done, but I'm stuck with about 20 failing tests,
> and very little time this weekend to work on these. Here's the list:

... now updated:

test_bsddb3
test_ctypes
test_email
test_import (*)
test_mailbox
test_old_mailbox
test_pickle
test_pickletools
test_sqlite
test_urllib2

> (*) test_import also fails in the py3k branch; see
> http://bugs.python.org/issue1377.

And just a reminder for people, the -f option for regrtest.py was
designed for situations like this.  Just copy the above list to a test
file, like OUTPUT, and run regrtest like this::

  ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py -f OUTPUT -uall

and that way you run all the tests that are failing.  The -u is
optional if you don't want to run stuff like test_bsddb3 that have
certain resource requirements.   You can also comment out stuff in the
file.  The help from regrest.py -h explains the details.

-Brett