[Python-3000] plat-mac seriously broken?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Nov 1 17:39:31 CET 2007

> On the bright side: Carbon is basicly dead: there will be no new
> development on Carbon and it also not supported in 64-bit mode (at
> least the GUI bits).

Unfortunately, the "gotcha" is that some existing functionality is not
available via Objective-C (yet?); I looked at this when writing an
MDQuery interface for Python, and found that I needed to use the
Carbon bindings instead of the ObjC ones.  For the GUI bits, Ronald
is right, but there's lots of stuff in plat-mac that isn't about the
GUI (all of it!?).

Bill