[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 15:03:01 CEST 2007

--- "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> > In almost every programming situation I've been
> in,
> > I've had to deal with environmental issues, even
> > though my character set of choice has never been
> the
> > primary issue.
>
> People can certainly adjust to whatever challenges
> technology confronts them with (some people can do
> that easier, some have more difficulties). Still,
> beautiful is better than ugly.

Remember, you and I have no disagreement whatsoever
about what the Python code looks like.  I look forward
to seeing beautiful code written in French, Korean,
etc. under PEP 3131, and I have not opposed anything
in the proposal that affects the code itself.

We're just disagreeing about whether the Dutch tax law
programmer has to uglify his environment with an alias
of Python to "python3.0 -liberal_unicode," or whether
the American programmer in an enterprisy environment
has to uglify his environment with an alias of Python
to "python3.0 -parochial" to mollify his security
auditors.

I guess you could argue that the American programmer
in an enterprisy environment already is dealing with
so much ugliness, it wouldn't matter. ;)