[Python-3000] PEP 3131 - the details

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 17 20:22:13 CEST 2007

> So, maybe it's better to keep the status quo, and not allow Cf
> characters, unless someone comes up with a particular need for doing so.
> Hm, I think I've convinced myself of that now. :)

That is my reasoning, too. People seem to want to be conservative,
so it's safer to reject formatting characters for the moment.
If people come up with a need, they still can be added.

(there might be a need for it in RTL languages, supporting
200E..200F and 202A..202E, but it seems that speakers of RTL
languages are skeptical about the entire PEP, so it's unclear
whether allowing these would help anything)

Regards,
Martin