[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

Baptiste Carvello baptiste13 at altern.org
Sun May 13 23:12:31 CEST 2007

Jason Orendorff a écrit :

> Python should allow foreign-language identifiers because (1) it's a
> gesture of good will to people everywhere who don't speak English
> fluently;  (2) some students will benefit;  (3) some people writing code
> that no one else will ever see will benefit.

As I said in a previous post, these use cases would be well served by a command
line switch. People who do not care about distributing their code can just do
alias python = python -I

On the other hand, people who want wider distribution would test without the
switch and easily check that all their identifiers are ASCII.

The default should be the best choice for the python open source community, that
is ASCII identifiers only.

Cheers,
Baptiste