[Python-3000] Deadline for checking PEPs into subversion

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue May 8 16:02:01 CEST 2007

In fairness to would-be new PEP proposals for Python 3000, I am asking
everyone who still has a draft PEP that's not checked in to subversion
to please check in *a* version of it as soon as possible. This version
doesn't have to be final; expect debate which may require a rewrite
all or part of your PEP. But I want every proposal that's on the table
in subversion so we can make up a definitive list of proposals being
considered for Python 3.0a1 (to be released by the end of June).

If you don't have checkin permissions, send your PEP to
peps at python.org. Please do follow the PEP guidelines in PEP 1 and use
either PEP 9 or PEP 12 as a template.

Any PEP non checked into subversion (or at least received by
peps at python.org) by the end of Sunday, May 13, is out of
consideration.

Note: standard library reorganization PEPs don't fall under this
deadline; the stdlib reorg will begin after the release of 3.0a1.