[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

Rauli Ruohonen rauli.ruohonen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 08:33:35 CEST 2007

On 6/12/07, Baptiste Carvello <baptiste13 at altern.org> wrote:
> This is where we strongly disagree. If an identifier is written in
> transliterated chinese, I cannot understand what it means, but I can
> recognise it when it is used in the code. I will then find out the
> meaning from the context. By contrast, with chineses identifiers, I
> will not recognise them from one another. So I won't be able to make
> any sense from the code without going through the complex task of
> translating everything.

I don't know any Chinese, but real Chinese is much more legible to me
than transliterated one. Transliterations are complete gibberish to me,
but because I know Japanese and it uses many of the same characters with
the same meaning, real Chinese makes at least *some* sense and if I
need to learn a few variable names in it then it's easier to do so
with the
proper characters. It's also much easier to look up what they mean, as
others have already mentioned. The same should be true for anyone who
knows Japanese, and there's a whole nation full of those.