[Python-3000] PEP 368: Standard image protocol and class

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jul 7 19:15:55 CEST 2007

Reference Implementation
========================

If this PEP is accepted, the author will provide a reference
implementation of the new classes in pure Python (that can run in
CPython, PyPy, Jython and IronPython) and a second one optimized for
speed in Python and C, suitable for inclusion in the CPython standard
library.  The author will also submit the required Tkinter patches.
For all the code will be available a version for Python 2.x and a
version for Python 3.0 (it is expected that the two version will be
very similar and the Python 3.0 one will probably be generated almost
completely automatically).

Acknowledgments