[Python-3000] test_hotshot failing -- what's up?

Collin Winter collinw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 18:49:37 CET 2007

On 1/10/07, Neal Norwitz <nnorwitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did the import magic number get changed?  That was the cause of my
> last crash in test_hotshot (not related to this though).

I don't think so (at least, I didn't change it).

> On 1/10/07, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> > Hm, then maybe it started failing after I applied Collin Winter's
> > 'except' patches. Collin, does test_hotshot pass or fail for you, with
> > or without your patches?

test_hotshot passes both with and without the patches for me. The
attached patch may fix things for you, though; it correctly restricts
the N in "except E as N" to a NAME token (I had accidentally left it
as <test>), plus patches the compiler package.

Thanks,
Collin Winter