[Python-3000] Warning for 2.6 and greater

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Jan 9 00:38:43 CET 2007

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> I'm not sure whether we should try and warn about 'print' becoming a
> function. We should also consider things like intern() and
> compile() (if they are to move to sys).

I think it's fine if we prepare an upgrade path: for instance, we could add
sys.intern() and sys.compile() to 2.6, and warn only if the builtin version is
used.

In other words, I think it's important always to provide a way to "fix the
code" so that -W py3k is happy *and* it still works on the Python 2.x serie.
--
Giovanni Bajo