[Python-3000] PEP 3108: Standard Library Reorganization

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Jan 6 00:04:39 CET 2007

On 1/5/07, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> Brett Cannon wrote:
> > As part of my New Years resolution to get all of my current and planned
> PEPs
> > actually written, accepted, and implemented for 2007, here is the stdlib
> > reorg PEP.  I have already checked it into svn but I have inlined it
> below
> > for comments.
>
> There's a document on the python.org Wiki which goes into some of the same
> areas as those addressed in the PEP, although things like hierarchy
> reorganisation are presumably beyond what is desired for Python 3.0. See
> here
> for more:
>

> http://wiki.python.org/moin/CodingProjectIdeas/StandardLibrary/RestructuredStandardLibrary

I added the link to the PEP.  I will have a look, but you guys may have been
too thorough.  =)  Plus there are renaming suggestions that I don't want to
get into (e.g., renaming grp to groups).  But I will have a look and see
which ones make sense to add a possibilities.  I do want to make sure,
though, the the new packages have at least a few modules in it and not just
two.

-Brett