[Python-3000] buildbots

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Tue Aug 28 18:57:13 CEST 2007

Unfortunately, I read nearly all my mailing lists through gmane with nntp
- and gmane is down currently (it doesn't deliver new messages any more).
So I cannot write a reply in the original thread :-(

Neal:
> > We got 'em.  Let the spam begin! :-)
> >
> > This page is not linked from the web anywhere:
> >   http://python.org/dev/buildbot/3.0/
> >
> > I'm not expecting a lot of signal out of them at the beginning.  All
> > but one has successfully compiled py3k though.  I noticed there were
> > many warnings on windows.  I wonder if they are important:
> >
> > pythoncore - 0 error(s), 6 warning(s)
> > _ctypes - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
> > bz2 - 0 error(s), 9 warning(s)
> > _ssl - 0 error(s), 23 warning(s)
> > _socket - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
> >
> > On trunk, the same machine only has:
> > bz2 - 0 error(s), 2 warning(s)

Since the tests fail on the trunk (on the windows machines),
the 'clean' step is not run.  So, the next build is not a complete
rebuild, and only some parts are actually compiled.  IMO.
If you look at later compiler runs (Windows, py3k), you see that
there are also less errors.

> > The windows buildbot seems to be failing due to line ending issues?

Yes.

http://bugs.python.org/issue1029 fixes the problem.  I've also recorded
this failure in http://bugs.python.org/issue1041.

Other windows build problems are recorded as issues 1039, 1040, 1041, 1042, 1043.

The most severe is http://bugs.python.org/issue1039, since it causes the buildbot
test runs to hang (an assertion in the debug MS runtime library displays a messagebox).

> > Another windows buildbot failed to compile:
> > _tkinter - 3 error(s), 1 warning(s)

I'll have to look into that. This is the win64 buildbot.

Thomas