[Python-3000] Will standard library modules comply with PEP 8?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Aug 28 05:22:06 CEST 2007

On 8/27/07, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2007, at 6:16 PM, john.m.camara at comcast.net wrote:
>
> > I would like to see PEP 8 remove the "as necessary to improve
> > readability" in the function and method naming conventions.  That
> > way methods like StringIO.getvalue() can be renamed to
> > StringIO.get_value().
>
> +1
> - -Barry

Sure, but after the 3.0a1 release (slated for 8/31, i.e. this Friday).
We've got enough changes coming down the pike already that affect
every other file, and IMO this clearly belongs to the library reorg.

(I'm personally perfectly fine with getvalue(), but I understand
others don't see it that way.)