[Python-3000] Py3k Sprint Tasks

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Aug 22 02:01:28 CEST 2007

I'd like to spend some time during the Sprint doing three things:

1.  Doing a code review of the modified SSL C code with 2 or 3 others.
    Can we get a small conference room with a projector to use for an hour?
    If not, I can provide one at PARC.  I also need a few volunteers to be
    the review group.

2.  Working on the test cases and adding them to the standard test suite.

3.  Improving the documentation.  In particular there needs to be better
    documentation on certificates, what's in them, how to use them, what
    certificate validation does and does not provide, where to get standard
    root certificates.  It would be useful to document some standard code
    patterns, like how to shift into TLS after a STARTTLS request has been
    received, etc.

A fourth thing I'd like to do, which isn't strictly Sprint-related, is to
learn more about distutils and packaging.

Bill