[Python-3000] Please don't kill the % operator...

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Aug 17 04:03:21 CEST 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> (it is then flawed also in that you don't typically
> have placeholders for the result fields and table name - not sure
> whether you even can in DB-API).

It probably depends on the underlying DB, but most DB
interfaces I know of don't allow such a thing.

My biggest gripe about the DB-API is that you have
to use one of about five different ways of marking
parameters *depending on the DB*. Which kind of
defeats the purpose of having a DB-independent API
in the first place...

--
Greg