[Python-3000] Proposed new language for newline parameter to TextIOBase

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Aug 16 03:35:36 CEST 2007

Christian Heimes wrote:
> Besides I always forget if Windows is '\r\n' or '\n\r'.

Oh, that's easy. The teletype needs to get the CR before
the LF so that it can start moving the carriage back
to the left while it's scrolling the paper up.

What? You don't have a teletype? Well, er, in that
case...

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |