[Python-3000] No (C) optimization flag

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue Aug 14 19:22:28 CEST 2007

Benji York wrote:
>> But wouldn't the only reason you want to step into,
>> e.g. pickle be if there were a bug in pickle itself?
>
> I believe he's talking about a situation where pickle calls back into
> Python.

Yes, Benji is right. In the past I run into trouble with pickles two or
times. I was successfully able to debug and resolve my problem with the
pickle module and pdb. I like to keep the option in the Python 3.0
series. In my opinion it is very useful to step through Python code to
see how the code is suppose to work.

I'm trying to get involve in the Python core development process. It
seems that I'm not ready yet to contribute new ideas because I'm missing
the big picture. On the other hand I don't know how I can contribute to
existing sub projects for Py3k. I find it difficult to get in. :/

Christian