[Python-3000] Need help compiling py3k-buffer branch

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 06:51:49 CEST 2007

On 8/11/07, Travis E. Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> wrote:

> However, I'm running into trouble getting it to link.  The compilation
> step proceeds fine but then I get a segmentation fault during the link
> stage.

The problem is that python is crashing when trying to run setup.py.  I
fixed the immediate problem which was that the type wasn't initialized
properly.  It usually starts up now.

I also fixed a 64-bit problem with a mismatch between an int and Py_ssize_t.

> It might be my platform (I've been having trouble with my 7-year old
> computer, as of late) or my installation of gcc.

I was seeing crashes from dereferencing null pointers sometimes on
startup, sometimes on shutdown.

Good luck!