[Python-3000] More PEP 3101 changes incoming

Joel Bender jjb5 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 2 21:36:30 CEST 2007

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Personally I think support for the various accounting-style output is
> not worth it. I betcha any accounting system worth the name would not
> use this and instead have its own custom code for formatting anyway.
>
> My personal suggestion is to stay close to the .NET formatting language

If Microsoft formatting ideas are going to be used, why not use the
Excel language?  In my mind it's not any worse than any other string of
characters with special meanings.  It's widely understood (mostly),
clearly documented (kinda), and I think the date and time formatting is
clearer than strftime.

I would expect [Red] to be omitted.

Joel