[Python-3000] octal literals PEP

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:49:06 CEST 2007

> I think these should be two separate proposals, with more specific
> names (e.g. "remove implicit string concatenation" and "remove
> backslash continuation"). There's no need to mention the octal thing
> if it's already a separate PEP.

Patrick

Guido had set an Apr 30 deadline for Py3000 PEPs that can't be
implemented in pure python.

Are you still working on the "Integer literal syntax and radices ",
which included the octal literal?  I would much prefer to leave octal
literals with the rest of that PEP, (and to let you do it :D),  but I
will submit a much-simplified "023 raises SyntaxError" if you have
abandoned the rest.

-jJ