[Python-3000] Reminder: Py3k PEPs due by April

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Apr 10 21:23:22 CEST 2007

At 12:03 PM 4/10/2007 -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
>2. Remove file.__init__, code.__init__, and object.__subclasses__ for
>security reasons.

The __subclasses__ method is useful -- even more so in 3.x than in 2.x,
because in 3.x there are no classic classes.

I was planning to make use of this in my generic function libraries to
allow automatic checking for completeness and ambiguity of a ruleset, given
the classes that are currently defined.  Currently, this is limited by the
inability to access classic classes' subclasses, but in 3.x __subclasses__
is an ideal way to locate active classes.