[Python-3000] Proposal: No more standard library additions

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 16 19:02:50 CEST 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> I think that Perl may actually have us beat in terms of having "one
> way to do it" with respect to package layout, for example.

I don't think there's much of a 'may' about it. I've often wondered why
non-Perl languages haven't been able to -- culturally -- create their
own version of CPAN, and failing that, why they haven't copied CPAN
outright.

The Perl world has pretty much standardized on the "if it's out there,
it's on CPAN" model, and it's one of the language's greatest assets.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D