[Python-3000] Alternatives to 'outer'

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 22:11:55 CEST 2006

On 10/13/06, Talin <talin at acm.org> wrote:
> The problem with 'nonlocal' is not that it's confusing, but that it's
> ugly. And my guess is that there will be enough others that share the
> same sentiment that adopting the word will be difficult.

Not at all.  Community sentiment about syntax is just not that
important -- in the end, Guido will pick his favorite version and the
rest of us will go along with it.  (I personally think this is a
wonderful thing because we'd never come to a consensus otherwise.)

What this discussion needs now is not further keyword suggestions, but
a PEP and an implementation.

STeVe
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy