[Python-3000] Abilities / Interfaces

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Nov 20 19:27:05 CET 2006

I'd like to have a discussion of abilities and interfaces but right
now I don't have time -- maybe tomorrow. I see Andrew's proposal as
mostly isomorphic to Zope's notion of interfaces, but the new
terminology may make it possible to clarify certain distinctions
better, e.g. the distinction between a class that provides an ability
to its instances, and the abilities that an instance has.

Feel free to riff on this theme here. I'll check in within 24 hours or so.