[Python-3000] Mini Path object

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:47:19 CET 2006

On 11/8/06, Talin <talin at acm.org> wrote:

> What I want to avoid is a situation where I have to edit my config file
> to switch all the path separators from '/' to '\' when I move my
> application from OS X to Win32.

This requirement conflicts with that of a user who only uses one
platform, and wants (expects) to just enter paths in native format in
the config file.

> As a Python programmer, my ideal is to be able to write as if I *didn't
> know* what the underlying platform was.

As a user, *my* ideal is to use native format everywhere, and not have
to worry about other platforms.

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to this - it's a
human issue, not a technical one.

Paul.