[Python-3000] back with more GUI planning in a few days...

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed May 17 17:10:43 CEST 2006

> Bill Janssen wrote:
> > There are three big operating system platforms, true.  And clearly
> > each has its own associated window system.  But there's also AJAX
>
> How exactly would a good Python GUI "cover" AJAX?

Ivan,

Looks like Google has beaten us to the punch by answering this
question with code:

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/

This is an AJAX GUI toolkit for Java.  They haven't tried to integrate
it with Swing, but the source code is suggestive.  Here's "hello, world":

public class Hello implements EntryPoint {

  public void onModuleLoad() {
    Button b = new Button("Click me", new ClickListener() {
      public void onClick(Widget sender) {
        Window.alert("Hello, AJAX");
      }
    });