[Python-3000] PyGUI in Py3K stdlib, more details

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Tue May 2 00:04:05 CEST 2006

Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> wrote:
> Antoine, thanks for the explanations.
>
> > A control which displays and allows to interact with several lines of
> > widgets (e.g. labels, images...).
> > For example a buddy list in an Instant Messaging client.
>
> This seems like part of the application UI to me, not a toolkit issue.

Um...no.  Most client-side email applications allow you to view email in
a particular folder as a 'threaded' and 'non-threaded' view.  The
'non-threaded' view would be a list control, if I understand Antoine
correctly.  I would also tend to agree that it is a very useful and/or
necessary widget.

 - Josiah