[Python-3000] Any platforms we want to drop for Py3K?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Dec 22 03:09:00 CET 2006

I am starting to compile the list of modules to suggest for removal and I
noticed that there are still a large number for platform-specific
directories in Lib/.  I was wondering if we should consider some platforms
for removal.

The reason I am not sending this to python-dev is I figure we could possibly
be a little bit more aggressive with the removal of support here.

Anyway, I would think we could remove the following platforms:

* AtheOS
* BeOS
* FreeBSD 2 (maybe more?)
* IRIX
* NeXT
* OS/2
* SunOS 5
* UnixWare

If any of these are not considered contraversial at all we can also
deprecate for removal in Python 2.x.

-Brett