[Python-3000] A better way to initialize PyTypeObject

Talin talin at acm.org
Thu Dec 7 18:45:45 CET 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Talin wrote:
>
>> OK. Its easy to implement either way. I coded up a string-based version,
>> but if you guys want integer constants that's fine with me; probably
>> best to let Fredrik & Larry tweak their patch rather than me continuing
>> along this path since their stuff is further along.
>
> wouldn't it be easier to just look at Larry's stuff and steal the good things, if there
> are any?  what worries me is that people pop up over in 2.X land, come up with
> new ideas and provide patches, only to find that nobody cares about what they
> do; the 2.X:ers finds the changes too radical for Python 2.X, while the 3.X:ers
> are too busy with their own ideas.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do, as it seems that the discussion
has gone in an entirely different direction. I'm referring to the idea
of using a preprocessor to write extension module code, which is
something I'm not at all interested in.

So I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

-- Talin