[Python-3000] iostack and Oh Oh

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Dec 1 20:15:33 CET 2006

> Because that means you can't use generic proxy objects (e.g. zope.proxy or
> ProxyTypes).
>
> Luckily, however, proxies can lie about their __class__ (since Python 2.3)
> and thereby fool isinstance().

My guess is that support for weakrefs and/or RPC proxies (something
with which I have a lot of experience, so I appreciate the point)
would want to use some kind of "sneaky" mechanism like that.  We
should probably make sure that there's an easy-to-use standard
"sneaky" mechanism -- perhaps just lying about the __class__ (in a
safe way) is enough.

Bill