[Python-3000] Generic functions vs. OO

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Dec 1 02:58:38 CET 2006

I've updated the page to reflect more of Jim Jewett's comments.  And
to reflect more of the underlying "special methods".  "Container", for
instance, now has "get" (for __getattr__), as well as "len" (for
__len__).

By the way, all these interfaces are already in Python; they just
aren't written down anywhere in a group.  Instead, they are mostly
scattered through the documentation, some in the Library Reference
manual, others in the Language Ref manual.

(Yes, I have split the file I/O functionality into a number of
separate interfaces.)

Bill