[Python-3000] cleaning up *path.py code duplication

Jack Diederich jackdied at jackdied.com
Sat Aug 26 03:52:43 CEST 2006

Ooph, there is some dissonance in the comments and the code.  Cut-n-paste
errors I suppose.

-- ntpath.py --
def islink(path):
    """Test for symbolic link.  On WindowsNT/95 always returns false"""
    return False

<snip 10 lines>

# This follows symbolic links, so both islink() and isdir() can be true
# for the same path.

def isfile(path):
    """Test whether a path is a regular file"""
-- end exeprt --

I'll try and keep a list so those in the know can do a post mortem on the
comments.  I'm only useful for vetting the *nix versions.

-Jack