[Python-3000] sets in P3K?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 28 12:10:09 CEST 2006

    Mike> I particularly dislike any notion of using a phi or phi-like
    Mike> symbol to represent python set construction.

You did notice the ;-) in my post on that topic, right?  That was meant to
imply it wasn't a serious proposal.  Being a US programmer myself, I
understand that typing Ø would be a challenge for most of us on the US side
of the pond.  In my case it's

    Fn-Shift-F3 / O

though I note now that my Mac supports Shift-Option-O as well.  In any case,
neither is all that straightforward, and Ø does look a lot like zero in some
fonts.

Skip