[Python-3000] A few small py3k wishes

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Mon Apr 3 00:21:30 CEST 2006

On 02/04/06 Talin said:

> Just a few things that have wanted while doing python
> programming. Maybe some of these are already doable
> or are already on someone's wish list...

It's a minor thing, but it'd be nice to make a method alias for append() on
mutable sequences called push(), to go with pop().

To save memory, it would also be nice if docstrings were only made available
in memory with an interpreter switch.

Beyond that, I'd love to see distribution to platforms without python
installed get easier. Kinda like a py2exe for each platform. I have a hard
time convincing people to install Python just for my little program at times.

For some silly reason people seem to already have the JRE installed. I can't
imagine why.

Mike

direction." --Albert Einstein