[pytest-dev] Using meta project for organization wide issues

Sorin Sbarnea ssbarnea at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 10:07:54 EDT 2020

My intent was to separate organization threads from the development ones, not to deprecate the mailing list.

I do not think that an issue tracker is good for **discussions** as in open-ended subjects, or even for support. In fact using the issue tracker for user support is really bad as it make maintenance much harder.

Still, there is something new from github called discussions which is a very basic forum directly integrated into github.

You can see it as https://github.com/ansible-community/molecule/discussions -- not very active but functional.

Discussions are in private beta, and we need to ask github to enable them.

If anyone wants to enable it for "pytest", I could try to pull some strings. If desired, an org/repo admin should ask for it at https://github.community/t/can-one-apply-for-github-discussions-beta/121120