[pytest-dev] [core] Tidelift Funding

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Wed May 8 07:05:25 EDT 2019

Hey Daniel,

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 5:57 AM Daniel Hahler <genml+pytest-dev at thequod.de>
wrote:

> I think a new repository like pytest-meta, or pytest-org makes sense - it
> is
> easy to setup in general, and keeps away noise from the main repo.
>
> We could create some issue in the main repo to link to it for transparency.
>
> But maybe just having an issue for it in the (main) repo is enough already:
>  you get notifications, it can be edited etc.

I think the plan for now is to just have a TIDELIFT.rst (wink Floris) on
the main repository with instructions, and the maintainers interested in
receiving funds. To update the document we use standard PRs. I believe this
will fit for now, but if we find it lacking we can easily move to a
separate repository for sure.

About automation, they have a simple API for posting new CHANGELOGs:
https://tidelift.com/docs/api, so that can be definitely automated.

Cheers,
Bruno.